Friday, April 22, 2011

Compose A Biblical Parable

It will be fun for your group to build your own biblical parables that are relevant to your own story and connection with the outdoors and scripture. Here is one to get you started:

Paddling the River of Life

Matthew 25:31-46
New Revised Paddler’s Version

But when the Great Trip Leader comes in his glory, and all the heavenly paddlers with him, then he will sit in his glorious boat. And all of the paddlers will be gathered around him; and he will separate them from each other as a trip leader separates the awesome righteous shred boaters from the wannabe’s. And He will put the righteous shred boaters in the river and the wannabe’s on the shore.

Then the Great Trip Leader will say to those in the river, “Come you instructed of my Father, paddle the river prepared for you from the beginning of time. For I was hungry and you gave me your gorp, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me to paddle with you, without a paddling jacket and you gave me yours, I was swimming and hypothermic and you rescued me!”

And the righteous shred boaters will answer Him saying, “Oh Great Trip Leader when did we see you hungry or thirsty and give you something to eat or drink?” And when did we see you as a stranger or without proper paddling gear and give you our paddling clothes and take you down the river? And when were you ever in trouble and we rescued you from the river?

And our Trip Leader will answer them, “Anytime you helped one of your fellow paddlers, you helped me.”

Then the Great Trip Leader will say to those on the shore, “Depart from me you wanna-be paddlers and never see this river again! Because I was hungry and you gave me nothing, I was thirsty and you gave me a hard time, I was a stranger and you blew me off and wouldn’t paddle with me.” Without a paddle jacket and you ignored me, I was swimming and hypothermic and you laughed at me!”

And the wannabe’s will answer Him saying, “Hey TL, when did we see you hungry or thirsty and not give you something to eat or drink? And when did we see you a stranger or without proper paddling attire and blow you off?” And when were you ever in trouble and we laughed at you…of all people!?!

And the Great Trip Leader will answer them, “Anytime you didn’t help one of your fellow paddlers, you neglected helping me.”

And these will go away to never see or paddle the River of Life.

But the righteous shred boaters will play on the River of Life with the Great Trip Leader forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment